Why you should travel to Colombia
- Colombia is the country with the greatest number of bird species in the world, harboring nearly 1870 species. Perú is second (1817 species), Brazil is third (1767 species) and Indonesia is fourth (1600 species).
- Many Colombian species are range-restricted, found only within the country (political endemics) or just in Colombia and a neighboring country (near-endemics).
- Furthermore, many species are rare or threatened, needing conservation efforts to assure viable populations. According to BirdLife International, 51 out of 73 endemic species are threatened, and in total, 161 species living in Colombia are endangered.
- Colombia has five distinct eco-regions, each harboring special birds: The Andean Region, the Caribbean Region, the Chocó Region, the Amazon Region and the Orinoco Region.
- One of the greatest advantages of a mega-diverse country such as Colombia is that you can enjoy a great variety of birds and nature settings if you travel wisely. This maximizes your benefits, saving time and money.
- Birding Tours Colombia offers customized and carefully pre-designed tours to the very best birding places in the country! Please write us and let us know your preferences.